Tuesday, January 14, 2014

COOKIE PARTY!


Upon hearing that I had access to an oven, my lovely mother instantly decided I needed to have all the fixin’s to make Christmas cookies. The care package arrived after forenji Christmas but before Ethiopian Christmas. The only thing to do was invite my favorite children and Lisa in the world to my house for a cookie party. What followed was adorable. 

It was oddly difficult to explain why we were cutting cookies into the shape of socks.  I think I am going to side with the kids on this one, that is a weird tradition.

Betty and Soliana, Tilahun's daughters. 

Taking this out of context, I guess it's just me threatening a kid with a knife. But frosting makes it OK!

Even Lisa got into the action. Not going to lie, she tried real hard. I guess we both did. And the girls' cookies still looked roughly 100% better.

Shalom really enjoyed making cookies and nothing was going to distract her from it. This was the only picture of her looking at the camera.

Shalom's older sister Yididia, aggressively sprinkling.

 I guess they tasted good too!

Lisa and I decided we had to leave something out for Ethiopian Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment