Thursday, June 7, 2012

And so it begins...


Here I am, I arrived safely with all my possessions. I flew out Sunday morning to Washington DC and was able to watch the quite amazing Miss America pageant with Matt and Taylor Schickling. I’m happy for Miss Rhode Island and everything, but Miss Ohio was cheated. Plain and simple.

Monday orientation began. I was able to meet and spend some time with all the people I will serve with in the next two year. Monday night was my last night in the US so I did what any good American should do, ate terribly. I went out with a group and my newly acquired “walk around money” and found my way to a place that had a 2:00am burger. Cheeseburger, bacon, fried egg and potato. Yeah, it was a good send off.

Early Tuesday morning we left of the airport. The buses we took were sightseeing buses. So as the buses is turned on and we drive again “This land is your land” came blaring on which was followed by similarly awesomely patriotic music. It was such an over the top cheesy moment I could help but laugh out loud. After a 13.5-hour flight we landed.

So far I have not seen a whole lot of the city. I have walk outside the hotel to a local mall but that it is. We have had full training sessions days as we try to kick jet lag. This weekend we are going to a different sight, which will involve seeing the country. I’m pretty excited!

Feel free to send me emails, I would love to hear how you all are doing, I will have internet for the next week and a half so if you don’t have my email address, hit me up on Facebook or ask someone you think would know. I’ll try to post some picture the next time around. Now that I have converters, I can drain my battery worry free!

Also, I am super jet lagged so sorry for the directness and I take no responsibilities for errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment