Saturday, April 27, 2013

Houston, we have a problem

Reflecting on my last blog, I was wrong. The biggest fear of any Peace Corps Volunteer is that our laptop will break. No more Internet at home, escaping for hours through movies and tv, or working out in the privacy of our home. I know this now because my computer died 36 hours ago. I have been going through the 5 stages of grief. But I keep reminding myself I'll be home in 82 days and can get it fixed then.

People back home have been helping me try to find ways to fix it from here. In my mind, this is exactly what it must have been like for the folks involved with Apollo 13. The impossible task of fixing something while being epically far away, with few resources. Sadly, I think they had a better chance of success than I do.

Anyways, thought I would post an explanation for the radio silence that will commence. I'll still post blogs, but any sort of bi-weekly photo is now impossible. I am going to read so many books in the next 3 months!!


No comments:

Post a Comment