Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And finally...


This is probably my favorite photo from the weekend. As many holidays do, Fasika ended in a local grocery. But on this particular night, seemingly everyone I care about ended up there. From the left, Faven and Solomon- my current landlords and some of the kindest people I have ever encountered. Telahun- I honestly do not think I would be alive or still in country without him. From being a translator to being a drinking buddy, he is always there to help me with whatever I need. Yididia- one of Faven and Solomon's two daughters (that's right, it's a family place). Dagim- being Dagim. Me. Kelly. Abel- the other person I simply could not live without in this country and that is not an exaggeration. Lisa. Girma and his wife Hayrut- the owners of the fine establishment pictured. And of course, Joe- taking the picture. Always the unsung hero.  This is as close to a Peace Corps Asella family photo as there will ever be!

No comments:

Post a Comment