Tuesday, November 5, 2013

If you don't want to see where meat comes from, don't scroll down!

Sometimes when I look at a grizzly situation, I like to assess how a picture of me that in that situation could one day help me. Perhaps my students will see these photos. Perhaps my children will see these photos. And the hope is, after viewing them, they not only respect me a little more but straight up fear me.

Once Abel and Dagam completely skinned the goat, there were some moments for photo ops. It was a silly time that kind of optimizes Peace Corps. It is a little wrong. A little disturbing. An outside might say, "what is wrong with those people?" But it was a fun and silly time.Having a completely foreign experience, but loving every moment of it.

I cannot remember what exactly lead to this moment, but I know Dagam was moving the goat's mouth as he did his best impression of our fallen friend. As to what we were pointing at, no clue. Probably someone's reaction to this ridiculous moment.
Dagam was such a gentleman, he actually washed blood off the goat's horns for me before I grabbed it. I was shocked with how heavy it was. But I was mostly shocked by how much Peace Corps has changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment